I developed this recipe on my own and we loved it!! And of course it was super easy. I have made it several times since.
I made this in my 6 quart slow cooker.
1 stick of salted Butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
(1) 20 oz. can of pineapple tidbits drained
(1) box of pound cake mix
(1) In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Let the caramel sauce cook 2 minutes or so over medium high heat just before the sauce begins to bubble. Add and mix-in the drained pineapple tidbits and cook for another minute to coat the pineapple pieces.
(2) Dump the caramel-pineapple sauce into the crock pot.
(3) Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box. Pour the cake mix evenly over the caramel pineapple sauce.
(4) Cook on high for 2 hours or until the cake is fully cooked, but still moist.
(5) Invert the cake and gently dump it onto your serving platter.
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/christineiscooking
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/