Pizza on a BBQ grill is the closest thing to brick oven pizza (without a brick oven).....
It is delicious and super easy to make at home!
(1) Prepare your favorite pizza dough. Here is mine: http://www.christineiscooking.com/2011/09/easy-pizza-dough-and-homemade-pizza.html
or use your favorite store bought dough. Dough should be close to room temperature so it rolls out easily.
(2) Roll out the dough into oblong pizza shapes, approximately 12 inches or smaller for personal sized pizza. It should be 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. This is artisan type pizza so it doesn't have to be perfectly round.
(3) Brush both sides of your dough round with olive oil. Carefully place the plain oiled dough on a hot BBQ grill (medium heat). Don't worry! It won't stick. The dough will begin to puff almost immediately. When the bottom crust has lightly browned, turn the dough over to cook the other side just slightly.
(4) Remove the dough round and top it with your favorite sauce and cooked toppings.
(5) Return the pizza to the grill (approx. medium low heat) just long enough to warm the toppings and melt the cheese. Close the grill lid while doing this. Remove, slice and enjoy!
*If your short on time, you can use good quality pita bread, instead of raw pizza dough for your pizzas. This is great for a kid's party. Each child can top their own pizza.
*We recently made a breakfast pizza with cheese, bacon and an over easy egg (pictured above). We cooked the egg sepperate and carefully placed it on the cooked pizza.
|Left: Bacon, Onion, Banana Peppers|
Right: Pear, Goat Cheese, Arugula and Balsamic Glaze
|Its fun to have a topping tray out and let your guests top their own pizzas!|
Using a wood Pizza Paddle makes taking your pizza on and off the grill very easy! Just be sure to use flour and corn meal on the Paddle / Pizza Peel when placing uncooked dough on it so it won't stick. The pizza will slide right off then.
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/christineiscooking
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2013 christineiscooking.com You may repost this recipe and its directions only by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at email@example.com