It seems like every year we either buy or are given marshmallow Peeps. We think they are just soooo cute. However, no one seems to actually want to eat them!
I didn't want to throw them out so we decided to re-purpose them into Rice Krispie treats. The end result was pretty yummy. They passed the kid test with flying colors!!
I stretched the marshmallow as far as I could and added a little extra butter so that the treats would still hold together, but wouldn't taste too overwhelmingly sweet.
15 marshmallow Peeps
3 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies or Rice Cereal
4 tablespoons of melted butter
9x9 non-stick pan
(1) Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
(2) Melt the peeps in the pan. If you are using multiple colors; keep the colors together in separate areas of the pan. The peeps will pretty much melt themselves so no need to stir a lot.
(3) Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and add the cereal. Stir until incorporated.
(4) Pour the mixture into a 9x9 lightly greased pan.
(5) Pat down into bar form using plastic wrap.
(5) Let chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/christineiscooking
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2013 christineiscooking.com You may repost this recipe and its picture and directions only by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at email@example.com