My kids love to craft and cook. Salt dough ornaments are a fun and easy project that combines the two. Your kiddies will have a great sense of pride seeing their own creations.
Makes about 20 ornaments
4 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
1 1/2 cups of warm tap water
(1) Mix all of the ingredients together to form a dough. Roll out the dough about a 1/2 inch thick.
(2) Use cookie cutters to shape your ornaments. You can also stamp the dough as well.
(3) Poke a hole in the top each ornament so you can hang it later
(4) Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until firm.
(5) Once the ornaments have cooled you can paint them. I used crayola washable paint and it worked well.
Lets talk about cooking!
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/christineiscooking
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2012 christineiscooking.com