My favorite tiramisu recipe. Making tiramisu is easier than you think!!
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup organic white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
3/4 cup dark rum or other flavorful liquor (you can just use all coffee if desired).
2 (3 ounce) package ladyfinger cookies
Unsweetened cocoa powder
(1) In a medium saucepan, make a pudding by mixing together the egg yolks, milk and sugar until well blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate until cold.
(2) After the pudding has been refrigerated until cold, add in it a bowl to the mascarpone cheese. Stir until smooth.
(3) Using an electric mixer, whip the cream and vanilla into whipped cream.
(4) Mix coffee and liquor. Place the ladyfingers in a bowl and drizzle with the coffee / liquor mix.
(5) Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 dish. Spread half of mascarpone/pudding mixture over the ladyfingers, then half of the whipped cream over that. Sprinkle generously with unsweetened cocoa powder. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
I usually make this in a 7x11 dish, but I only wanted to make a small amount of dessert, so I made 2 round dishes of it. One for now and I froze the other tiramisu for later. Yes, you can freeze homemade tiramisu! Once it is thawed enough to slice or scoop it is time to serve it.
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/christineiscooking
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/